Saturday 16 January 2010

Chapter One

I was very lucky to be taken out to Chapter One in Bromley by my mum with my grandparents. Andrew McLeish is the head chef and has gained a Michelin star for his restaurant.

When I saw the menu, I immediately knew what to choose: The Velouté of Jerusalem Artichoke with Truffled Gnoochi followed by the Pan Fried Halibut with Lobster Celeriac Remoulade, Chanterlle Mushrooms and a Hazelnut Emulsion.

We were all a bit shocked at first when we were brought something completely different, but soon realised that it was a little extra, courtesy of the chef! They brought me a pescetarian-friendly salad with truffles after finding out that I didn't eat fois-gras. Grandma complained about the cruelty of the meat to the poor waitress while my grandpa and mum scoffed theirs down!







My soup was completely amazing - velvety and
rich and beautifully enhanced with the truffles.











My fish was cooked to perfection - crispy skin and juicy fish underneath. The lobster thingy was very extravagant and I don't usually like mushrooms particularly, but these were definitely an exception.










Pudding....YUM! This is a photo of my grandpa's 'Assiette of Desserts'. I had the baked banana which was really lovely and sugary!

No comments:

Post a Comment