Sunday 7 April 2013

Degò

After a wonderful evening at Curzon Soho, watching the UK premiere of Thérèse Desqueyroux including a Q&A with Audrey Tautou as part of their 'Rendez-Vous With French Cinema', I had a delicious meal at Degò, an Italian restaurant and winebar a matter of minutes from the super-busy Oxford Circus.

The menu was full of traditional dishes and flavours from Italy. I started off with aubergine parmigiana - this version was partially de-constructed  with a beautifully sweet tomato sauce accompanying crispy aubergine interleaved with gooey mozzarella. It was certainly tasty, although a little too oily.
I was very happy with the house-made fettuccine for my mains. The pasta was perfect, just al dente, and with creamy fresh burrata and confit tomatoes was a pleasure to eat. It's a wonderfully simple combo, so I think I'll be trying to emulate it at home!
I finished with some great house-made gelato: peach, raspberry and pear - a refreshing end to a highly enjoyable meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment