Friday 3 August 2012

Sticks'N'Sushi

I had a truly scrumptious dinner at Sticks'N'Sushi last night, on my third (and most probably not last!) visit to the Danish sushi and yakitori restaurant in Wimbledon.

By now, I was well accustomed to their colourful menu, and had to order my favourite yakitori - scallops with teriyaki sauce, which are beautifully sweet with a slightly crispy grilled finish. Another must-have was the seaweed salad - great texture and fresh taste.

The big treat, however, was a wonderful platter called 'Maki De Luxe'! It was a selection of 'kaburimaki' - topped rolls, a great idea which I have only seen at Sticks'N'Sushi. My favourite of these was called 'Hell's Kitchen' (nothing to do with Ramsey I think) - it's rolled with crispy prawn tempura and avocado, and is topped with tuna and a spicy sauce. I think these are the most stunning and the tastiest maki rolls I've ever experienced!

I finished off the lovely meal with a cute and very tasty vanilla crème brûlée.

No comments:

Post a Comment