Monday 13 August 2012

Smoked Trout Noodles with Wasabi Dressing

The evening, I tried a slightly strange-sounding recipe that I picked up at Waitrose: rice noddles tossed with hot smoked trout, mange tout, lettuce and radish - drizzled with a wasabi, soy sauce and lime dressing.

It looked really good, with the thinly-sliced veg and flaked trout coming together to form a vibrantly coloured dish.
It was very tasty, too. The fresh, crunchy mange tout and radishes contrasted nicely with the smoky fish and the dressing added a necessary sweetness. Next time, however, I think I'll add a little more wasabi for a stronger kick!

For dessert, I had some home-made lemon sorbet. It turned out more like granita, but was still lovely with quite a strong lemon flavour and I kept the lemon rind in the sugar syrup for an extra zing!

2 comments:

  1. I gather that your Mum enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds delicious. You will have to make it for us one day.

    ReplyDelete